[VELS] ICT interdisciplinary reporting at yrs 9 and 10

Wayne Hewett staffwhe at rsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 16 13:24:09 EST 2007

Greetings all...

While we have core IT at yrs 7  and  8, and many LA's are using ICT in their course work at these levels, reporting to the VELS interdisciplinary requirements is a snap. Not so in Yrs 9 and 10 where there is little consistency across the curriculum for delivery of ICT.. We can't load up poor old english and maths with more reporting and compulsory ICT content. So how are other schools managing this challenge?

ALso, we are currently using "habits of mind" to create a selection of personal learning goals that will be collected elctronically from students, combined in a csv file and uploaded to MArkbook via the coordinator's module option: "importing results". We intend to do a similar thing with the reflection stage of the reporting requirement. Is that how other schools see as a solution to this problem?

Wayne Hewett