[php] linear searching and 1D array - some files

Greyruin greyruin at gdurkin.com
Fri Apr 5 22:16:22 EST 2013

This is a cute little exercise. I like it, and will probably pinch it,
if that's ok with you. There are just a few simple text edits and a
suggestion right at the end to make life easier for you. Your pseudocode
is unusual, but legible and informative. Could I write the program from
your plan? Yes, so no further comments.

I didn't run the finished code . . . I assume you have done that already
and, on my new laptop, I have yet to install EasyPHP - which I plan to
do in the weekend.

I think I have found the gremlin that was causing my spontaneous reboots.

Replacing the RAM didn't solve the problem, but, then, I didn't really
expect it to. I now have 8 GB of really hot RAM. Goodie!
Replacing the PSU didn't really help, either, although I have made sure
that it's installed with the fan facing an unobstructed flow of air.

Reboots settled down somewhat, but did occur if I left the PC idling on
the desk for more than an hour. Finally, I removed one of the
motherboard utilities that was installed automatically. It is supposed
to make it easy to overclock the graphics card (ATI Radeon 5850). Since
I don't overclock, I just removed it. Since then, I have had the PC
running on the desk all day without any reboots . . . so far. Fingers
crossed, touching wood and not stepping on any cracks. It is certainly
running better now, that's for sure.