[php] Beginner's OOP files in PHP

Margaret King Iaquinto iaquinto at ozemail.com.au
Thu Oct 18 17:42:17 EST 2012

Thanks, Charlie

VK3CFI

----- Original Message -----
Cc:"SD List"
Sent:Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:21:40 +1100
Subject:Re: [php] Beginner's OOP files in PHP

 Instead of using the PHP4 'var' declaration syntax, use the PHP5
declaration syntax:
 http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.visibility.php [1]

	On Wednesday, 17 October 2012 at 3:26 PM, Margaret Iaquinto wrote:
To give my students an introduction to OOP concepts, I started with
these files. They supplement the teaching; they don't have all the
details required for self-instruction.

 Missing at this point are the use of _private_, _public _and
_protected_.

 Most of my code is sourced and edited from killerphp and
code2learn.  And many YouTube videos. Most of all, I would like to
document here the helpfulness of Kevork's book.

 So, it's just a taste. If you use the files, please improve them and
post the updated ones.

 Maggie
 (ICT at St Leonards)
http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools [5] - Swinburne University

Attachments:  - Getting started with OOP TN.docx   - Getting started
with OOP.docx   - OOP in PHP Car records app TN.docx   - OOP in PHP
Car records app.docx

Links:
------
[1] http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.visibility.php