[php] php MD5 generates only one hashed output

Margaret Iaquinto Margaret.Iaquinto at stleonards.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 24 06:30:15 EST 2010

Not true. In the form, I typed "dogbite" as my password. This was used as $userpass. Later, I used "alice in wonderland' as my password. $userpass carried that value to the md5 function. Should it not have created a different output?

Or is it using the string $userpass instead? Is that what you mean?

OK. Will try some different stuff.

Margaret Iaquinto
Information Technology

St Leonard's College
Brighton Campus
t (+61 3) 9909 9300

www.stleonards.vic.edu.au

>>> Greyruin  11/23/10 11:34 PM >>>
Check your html form code for a typo :

The md5 hash of "userpass" is 63e780c3f321d13109c71bf81805476e

(I just tried it out on a whim at miraclesalad.com.)

That's why you are getting the same hash every time - your variable
always has the value "userpass" instead of the value that is typed into
the text input on your form.

Greg