[Physical Education] End of year certificates

Gove, John L gove.john.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Oct 15 13:37:07 EST 2006

Hi,

In the 3 nanoseconds you have to yourselves at the moment, could I get some=
 feedback on what certificates/references are given out to the year 12s in y=
our schools on completion of their year?

We've always given out references that speak generically about their contrib=
utions during the 6 years of high school and comments about their approaches=
 to learning but the program we used to create them was created by an ex-tea=
cher of ours who's no longer associated with the school.

We're currently looking at what other schools do and whether a time-consumin=
g, generic reference generated by the students' input is worth all the effor=
t, given they still ask for specific references from their teachers.

Some schools issue a school certificate instead, to show their students' ach=
ievements.

Your input would be greatly appreciated,

John

Important -=0A=
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, pl=
ease contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments c=
heck them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequ=
ence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting direc=
tly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limite=
d to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions e=
xpressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of th=
e Department of Education & Training..