[Gifted and Talented] Introduction to Scripting in Game Maker - still time to book!

VITTA Professional Development pd at vitta.org.au
Tue Aug 10 16:25:25 EST 2010

Fabulous value Professional Learning: You pay less for this quality event due to a subsidy provided by Multimedia Victoria.

“Excuse me… How do we use these scripting functions?”

Introduction to Scripting in Game Maker
This PD session will introduce participants to scripting in Game Maker by creating drag-and-drop games. VITTA and experienced teacher Nat Bradshaw present a practical session of learning where you will explore Game Maker in order to inspire and engage. Game Maker allows you to quickly create exciting computer games. Gain confidence in programming skills and develop an exciting game to showcase to your students.

Game Maker's simple drag and drop interface is friendly enough to use with as young as Year 3, but through its powerful scripting language, it is suitable for students at all levels. With Game Maker you can easily create games such as top view, platform games, first person shooters, 3D and networked multiplayer games. It is a fully fledged programming language capable of non game applications such as physics simulations and databases.

This Professional Learning session will be on: