[English] Reader's Cup & Premier's Reading Challenge

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 4 23:27:09 EST 2009

Sharon writes,

> We are interested in running the Readers Cup but cannot attend this
> meeting.  Would you be willing to send any literature you have from
> the session?  Sharon Gardiner  Marist-Sion College Warragul 3820

As Sharon knows, i have forwarded her and other's requests to Judith
& the School Library Association of Victoria www.slav.schools.net.au

Have included with Judith's email (below)  an email from Dawn today
(Oz-Teacher-Librarian mail-list) re the Premier's Reading Challenge:

> All our year 7, 8 and 9 students are registered. I attend classes
> when students are in computer rooms promoting the Premier's Reading
> Challenge.  They are directed to the Challenge web page. There is a
> link on our student home page. They read and navigate around the web
> page, then log on and add books they have read.
>
> Our Library begins the year with a challenge book display. A folder
> with challenge books, log in names and passwords are also on the
> display. The first 20 students to complete the challenge are given
> a free book at assembly. A bar graph is displayed in the library
> with number of students in each year level completed on display.
> This year students who complete the challenge will also get house
> points. Hope this helps.  Dawn  English/Library teacher

Maybe other's have suggestions, experiences or pd etc to share also?

--

Cheers people
Stephen Loosley