[English] 2006 ALEA/AATE

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 4 00:54:41 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----

From: "Susanne Gervay" <gervays at bigpond.com>
To: <oz-teachers at rite.ed.qut.edu.au>
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 12:20 PM
Subject: [Oz-teachers] 2006 ALEA/AATE

I'm speaking at the Voices, Vibes, Visions 2006 ALEA/AATE National
Conference which I'm excited about. Stephen Loosely is right. It will
be a fantastic conference. Being in Darwin is an additional bonus.

At the Conference, I'm speaking on anti-bullying strategies through story
journey, specifically my book 'I AM JACK'.

Barbara Braxton (Oz-teachers MVP) did a terrific book-rap on I AM JACK.
In the light of all the discussions and on-line lesson plans, I AM JACK
has detailed online lesson plans freely available.

I AM JACK was trialed at Winmalee Primary School in NSW for 3 months
meeting literacy and PDHE outcomes. SCAN (NSW ED Dept journal) printed
the lesson plans and articles on I AM JACK in their journal. The lesson
plans are freely available on my website.

I am also speaking about YA Literature at the ALEA/AATE Conference,
particularly my YA novels (upper end YA) - The Cave' and  'Butterflies'.
These novels meet the criteria for JOURNEYS in the NSW English HSC
syllabus. Again there are freely available teacher's notes on my website.

Many Australian authors provide free teacher's notes providing another
source of lesson plans.

Susanne Gervay
http://www.sgervay.com
http://www.hughendenhotel.com.au
--

Cheers Susanne
Stephen Loosley

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server