[edugames] Resources for all - Portal/Steam for schools, Alice, Gamemaker and install issues

Arnott, Suzanne S arnott.suzanne.s at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Feb 22 08:29:55 EST 2013

Agreed thank you all so much.... My first time teaching Year 10 IT this year... even with a background in VET Multimedia and Gamemaking has been a bit daunting... but the resources on edulists have been invaluable... *waves* to Keerthi
Just looking for time to explore Brett's stuff more...
Over the break I was exploring Steam for Schools, and was able to get 28 steam licences to put onto the computers... we seem to be having proxy issues... possibly... there are always issues with our network... has anyone successfully installed this...
Also having issues with the newest version of Gamemaker... which is frustrating
I am worried if I ask the techs to also install Alice I will get the same issues...
Government schools...
All stock standard specs on the network...
Issues compounded with multi campus

Regards
Suzanne Arnott
Teacher of: ICT, Textiles and VET Fashion
Sandringham College
Blog: http://c21teachingandlearning.global2.vic.edu.au<http://c21teachingandlearning.global2.vic.edu.au/>
Twitter: @suzi_q<http://twitter.com/#!/suzi_q>
Google + : gplus.to/starnott