[edugames] Register a school team now for So You Think You Can Rock...? x-post apologies

Bridie Mackay bridie at vitta.org.au
Thu Sep 10 00:35:27 EST 2009

So You Think You Can Rock…?

Secondary Schools across Victoria are invited to enter this exciting, fun and educational musical extravaganza!

Schools will go head to head in a 'battle of the virtual bands' using the popular game, Guitar Hero World Tour. Each school may enter one 'band' in each category made up of one teachers and three students. The band with the highest combined scores in each category of the heats will win the regional finals and will be eligible to compete in the So you think you can rock…? Grand Final to be held at the VITTA Annual Conference 2009.

So you think you can rock…? will improve students' musical understanding and skills, promote stronger student-teacher relationships, allow students to set goals, improve concentration in class and best of all, is fun for all involved!

Regional heats take place from October 12—26 so register your team now and get rocking! More information is online at http://www.rock.vitta.org.au.

*Don’t have Guitar Hero World Tour at school? Don’t have the rehearsal space? VITTA is making our office space available for rehearsals, with our in-house Guitar Hero World Tour equipment. Contact Bridie Mackay at bridie at vitta.org.au or phone 9495 6836 for more details.

___________________________________

Bridie Mackay
Senior Project Officer
VITTA