[CS4HS] Setting the date for the next CS4HS workshop

Calum Munro munrocs at aquinas.vic.edu.au
Mon May 14 12:37:23 EST 2012

Hi Steven,

I have updated the poll on line. Sorry, I'm heading back to Scotland for the holiday period, so am not available at all during this time.

As a quick update - since we met as a group, I have removed a networking unit from our year 10 course and replaced it with a short programming unit as follows:

Introduction using Lightbot - http://cache.armorgames.com/files/games/light-bot-2205.swf (students enjoyed this fun game)
Macros in Word & Excel - another introduction within a familiar environment
App Inventor - we only have 3 devices at the moment, so are using the Emulator mostly - we are looking at purchasing more android devices (as soon as Samsung start selling their new Tab)
Visual Basic - a short introduction with VB to some simple programs - haven't started this yet

We have just started App Inventor with the group and after a number of network permission issues we have it working, although it will be much better when we get off the emulator.

Programming Club - haven't got this off the ground yet - I am intending to do more work with App Inventor and Basic4Android with a lunchtime or after school group, but have been holding off until we can purchase more physical devices.

Calum Munro, Aquinas College.