[CS4HS] CS4HS 11-12 July

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:58:43 EST 2012

Interesting suggestion Donna .. what do others think? At the very least
with a good case it would underpin interest in its own place and space when
attention shifts towards the technology area. I am happy to editing or
reworking some thoughts towards a collaborative googledoc if anybody wants
to start one but wont have time for anything more this Friday.

Regards Roland

On 19 July 2012 17:46, Donna Benjamin <donna at cc.com.au> wrote:

> Hey Steven...  so....
>
> Draft Senior Science Australian Curriculum - submissions close tomorrow.
>
> Question. So, why aren't we making a submission that Computer Science
> should be the 5th Science?
>

> http://www.theage.com.au/national/education/science-subject-comes-under-fire-20120718-22alp.html
>
> http://consultation.australiancurriculum.edu.au/
>
> http://www.acara.edu.au/verve/_resources/Info+Sheet+-+Draft+Senior
> +Secondary+Science+FINAL.pdf
>
> Email submissions to
> Science at acara.edu.au
>
> With this cover sheet
> http://consultation.australiancurriculum.edu.au/Static/docs/Senior%
> 20Secondary/Senior%20Secondary%20feedback%20cover%20sheet.docx
>

> - D.
>
> On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 17:02 +1000, Steven Bird wrote:
> > Hi folks -- sorry to fill your mailboxes -- just a couple of reminders:
> >
> > * Please indicate your availability for a future workshop:
> > http://doodle.com/fn5hdvupgfwiuikv
> > * Please join the CS4HS mailing list for future announcements relating
> > to CS4HS activities in Victoria:
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Steven
>
> --
> Donna Benjamin - Executive Director
> Creative Contingencies - http://cc.com.au
> ph +61 3 9326 9985 - mob +61 418 310 414

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead