[CS4HS] CS4HS Sydney

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:42:50 EST 2012

CS4HS in Sydney was wonderful. Why not read the
#Storify<https://plus.google.com/s/%23Storify>
 story that I just wrote. I have a few more pictures and references to add
but it is nearly finished. Details and link below. Special thank you to
Nicky Ringland and Dr James Curran for helping organise this and inviting
me to participate.

I enjoyed the lectures, hands on laboratory sessions. There was plenty of
time between the different #CS4HS <https://plus.google.com/s/%23CS4HS> sessions
to get to know the different people such as +Liz
Hemmings<https://plus.google.com/116235565758589912335>
, +Nicky Ringland <https://plus.google.com/111905613472490788948> +Chris
Betcher <https://plus.google.com/116830524696476899564>, James Curran and
more. They did a splendid job and you really must check out the NSSCP
Challenge that they also organise. I will share some details about it later
but I cannot wait to try it out with my year 11 students. I had a really
good chat to a speaker from New Zeeland and agreed to share notes and ideas
about an American CS association.

After a night to catch up on some sleep, I will be heading off home this
Saturday morning. Love to hear your feedback or if you are curious about
the notes that I got from this event. Thanks for those of you that shared
me some tweets and notes.

Looking forward to catching up with you all at a future CS4HS event :-)

Regards Roland

 <http://storify.com/rgesthuizen/cs4hs-sydney>
CS4HS Sydney » <http://storify.com/rgesthuizen/cs4hs-sydney>
The CS4HS workshop at Sydney included short talks by some of Australia's
leading academics. Each talk was followed by a practical lab with materials
and activities teachers can use in a classroom sett...